And Here’s Why It Doesn’t Matter
The Interwebs are hopelessly overcrowded. The noisy, saturated, and bloated online world produces 7.5 million new blog posts every day. But – there is hope for conquering the crickets.
“The mob rushes in where individuals fear to tread.” – B.F. Skinner
To add to this, a new series of intense writing programs, like Ship30for30 and Linkedin30DaySprint, promises to turn thousands of would-be creators into prolific, daily publishers. And for the committed, these programs work.
But aren’t these adding to the online bloat?
- Not at all! At most, a writers’ cohort might produce a few tens of thousands of new articles, and that’s a stretch because not everyone will write everyday. Twenty thousand a month is nothing compared to the 225 million across the Internet.
So much online content is irrelevant, low quality, self-serving. Aren’t these programs promoting that inanity?
- The intent of the cohorts is to increase the writing skill, relevance, and focus of Creators. Long term, this raises the bar for all online writing. Plus, these are like advanced college writing courses and will do some ‘weeding out’ of would-be writers.
Won’t Creators be smothered by the massive volume of content? How can we ever get noticed?
- The Internet in general and our various platforms are supremely intelligent. Search algorithms can now learn. Our readers will find our content if we write and structure it well.
- Massive numbers of specialized sources, subs, communities, forums, and focused channels let us target narrowly and let our audience filter out everything they don’t want. Anyone can minutely customize their feeds.
- Most importantly, readers’ individual cognitive abilities drive their own focus and selective content experiences. Each potential reader will search, find, engage, and reflect with increasing skill.
As Creators, these intelligent dynamics will ensure our content finds its audience.
All outcomes in business — and in life — happen only within the experiences we encounter or provide.
I’m Bob Berry — researcher, speaker, writer, innovator on the subject of compelling experience. Join my newsletter to follow the ways experiences transform life and business.
Sign up for my $89 e-Course, e-Workshop, and Virtual Toolkit: Get started on the same methods I use with Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon, FedEx, and many others.